You have heard of me time, but you instantly think that it is not for you. Are you sure about that? Research has shown that many people experience problems in their life because they do not give themselves alone time which is essential for their growth. If you think you are too busy for some personal time or that you think the idea is pathetic altogether, then you need to think again. How about trying it out and seeing for yourself how much difference it can make in your life? Let us go through the benefits of personal time, so you know why it is so important.
Benefits of me time
The people who spend some time alone every day or regularly have said they experience a range of benefits. The following are some of the benefits of me time and outlines why you might want to consider it if you haven’t done so in the past.
- Me time helps you with concentrating better in all aspects of your life. This can help you daily.
- When you are spending time with yourself, you will understand yourself better. Hence, it can help with self-discovery which enables you to realize your true identity.
- It is one of those times that let you genuinely think while relaxing at the same time. This allows you to think more clearly than ever before.
- Me time can help you to enhance your relationship with yourself and others. When you take some time out for yourself, you understand yourself and others better.
- You will be able to make better decisions all thanks to the clarity you get from spending time with yourself.
- When you start to spend quality time with yourself, you will see how your anxiety and stress reduce significantly.
- Some alone time is not only healthy but it helps you to unwind, get energized, and it helps to refresh you in a whole new way.
- You will be more productive at work and home. It helps you overall as it helps your brain to think faster and it reboots it.
Sure signs that you need some me time
If you think that me time is not for you, then it is time to think again. You might need some me time right away. The following are signs that you desperately need some alone time.
- You get to sleep every night, but you always feel exhausted.
- You are not interested in interacting with other people, and you dread picking up your phone.
- You feel irritated and frustrated for no particular reason.
- You feel anxious at the drop of a hat.
- You need other people to validate you which only makes you feel more stressed out.
- You are always having one health problem or the other.
- You feel like you are not as creative as you once used to be.
- You suddenly snap at people whom you love the most without meaning to.
- You think that your job is always to serve others.
- You are not in control of your emotions at all.
- You don’t like being with other people, and even if you do, you regret it.
How you can get some alone time
There are a variety of ways in which you can ensure that you are getting some me time that you are craving for. First and foremost, it is vital that you try to make time for yourself as often as possible.
- You can start writing your journal at the end of each day. This will help you think about what you learned and what new experiences you had during the entire day.
- You can treat yourself whenever you feel like you have accomplished something that you have wanted to achieve for a long time.
- Your me time can include you making your bath time special. You can try aromatherapy or have a bubble bath to relax.
- You can go and watch a movie all by yourself. If you have never done so then try it and see how much you enjoy it!
- You can meditate first thing in the morning as this will help you calm down and think clearly. This is one of the best ways to get some personal time.
- You can start learning cooking or something you have always wanted to. This will help you learn something new and give you me time.
- If you are a creative person, and even if you are not, then you can create something such as a painting. This will help you feel good instantly.
- You can enjoy some time by yourself by dancing to your favorite tracks whenever you get the time to do so. This can help you unwind.
- You can go to the beach by yourself and relax under the sun. This will give you a much-needed
Some other helpful tips for me time
- Don’t feel guilty about having some alone time. You need it to be the best version of yourself. If you are feeling guilty because you think you should be spending it elsewhere then remember that others will appreciate the best version of you.
- You need to ensure that you are in control of how you utilize your time. When others ask you for your time ensure that you are not sacrificing your time or energy. You want to be able to do whatever it is you are doing willingly.
- You should focus on the quality of me time instead of the quantity. If you spend two hours doing something by yourself you don’t particularly enjoy; then it is a missed You need to ensure that whenever you are spending personal time, you are focusing on the quality.
- If you think that only adults need it, then think again. Your kids might be in need for some personal time where you are not telling them what to do. For example, you can let them do what they want to do every day for a portion of the time.
- Whenever you are enjoying your me time ensure that all your gadgets are turned off. If you are going on a date with yourself, then it is better if you turn off your phone and keep it in your bag. You want the time to be spent well, not with distractions.
- Don’t think that personal time is the same as procrastinating. Don’t use that excuse because you will lag at accomplishing what you eventually need to get to. This is why it is better if you plan and use your me time wisely instead of wasting time procrastinating.
So how much me time do you need? It depends on how much personal time you can squeeze in according to your already scheduled plan. Sometimes, if you have the time, then you can regularly ensure that you have some time by yourself. If possible, then try to get some alone time daily as this will help to energize you. If not, then you can ensure that you have me time every week at least once. It is recommended that you do things that you genuinely enjoy at these times so that you can make the most of your me time!